Every week I sit down and confess some things. Mostly it's just an excuse to write a list.
1. I have a green car. Underneath all the pollen the paint is green too.
2. It's not rained in forever. In honor of that, I'm selecting this week's offering to The Transient Pod's Get Your Freak On:
3. I need me a lava lamp, I think.
4. Guess what? It's super hard to remove dark purple nail polish.
5. Also hard is putting on green eyeshadow.
6. Why do I try, folks? Seriously. Because purple skin and walking around looking like I just got a black eye is so not the look I'm going for.
7. Neither is looking like muffins and bagels and other pastry items are spilling over my jeans, but that's another post for another day.
8. A special birthday shout out to my friend Connie!!! Also, whenever I see a black glove I'll think of you, just after the creeped out feelings disappear. Because I'm still creeped out by the black glove.
9. Speaking of creeped out, lemme tell ya'll about this phone call I got yesterday at work:
Me: Good morning, Importanty Lawyer's Office.
Creepy Guy: Who am I speaking with?
Me: This is Kearsie
CG: What a beautiful voice you have!
Me: ....Um, thanks?
CG: Are you as pretty as your voice?
Me: ...Um, I dunno?
CG: I suppose it's a matter of opinion. Answer me one question, do you have long hair or short hair?
Me: ...Um, does it matter?
Me: *skeezed out*
10. Yes I washed my hands, eyes and ears after that disgusting conversation.
Cutting it short today, hoping for rain, and a lava lamp.
About That Mom Who Isn’t There
4 days ago