Every week I sit down and confess some things. Mostly its just an excuse to write a list.
1. After 12 days, I finally took down my tree. Inevitably, upon stuffing said tree in the box wherein it hibernates for 11 months, I always find one lone ornament out on it's own. It's like a runaway ornament. It could be an After School Special.
2. Recently, I found an ornament in my daughter's bed. She doesn't know why she took it to bed, she just knows it's her favorite.
3. We finally broke down and bought it. What's "it", you ask? It's an elliptical machine.
4. Guess what? My body does not enjoy exercise. In fact, for the 2 minutes and 13 seconds I managed to work out last night, the entire time my brain was telling my body STOP THIS, THIS HURTS, WE DO NOT LIKE THIS BEHAVIOR, IF YOU DON'T STOP WE WILL SO PUNISH YOU.
5. And then I sat on the couch and proceeded to feel like having a stroke. And gasped and heaved and wheezed and updated my Facebook status. Because I have priorities, you know.
6. Also, I wonder when my brain began speaking in the royal "we"?
7. Last night there was some big time game on TV. I could care less about sports. That's no secret. What gets me is when people take it personally when their team does bad. It's like the team got together in the locker room and said "Let's all do our worst, hey you, yeah you- you fumble the ball, and you-yeah you over there, you go out of bounds at key moments in the game, let's make these people sitting on their couches cuss and fume, ok? Let's go! BREAK!"
8. Then the next day folks who have nothing to do with the team except maybe own a Tshirt with their team name on it go around saying things like "we really need to rethink our offense". Exqueeze me? "We?" I'm sorry. Do you really think you have a vital opinion that will change things and win the game? Pur-lease.
9. Yet, I kept quiet, even sat through the ridiculous press conference afterwards, watching some poor sap who looked tired and grass stained have to answer ridiculous questions by some ridiculous reporter. *head shaking* I just don't get it.
10. Also, it's possible my Hubs wouldn't let me buy a winter coat that was red and white because it might look like I supported the wrong team. Thankfully, no team out there is lime green and white.
11. Or if there is a lime green and white, I just might support them for choosing some awesome colors. I'll bet their mascot is a bowl of lime sherbet or a coconut with a slice of lime. They would have one solid supporter in me.
12. Ooh, and their school song would be "Put a lime in the coconut and drink it all up".
13. Except, I'll bet drinking coconut milk with a splash of lime is disgusting.
14. I would have to speak out about that and say "we really need to rethink our song".
15. Hmm, maybe I get it now.
16. I wonder who else out there has an Edward doll? Maybe I should hold a photo contest? Whaddya think? Best pic gets a prize?
17. I do have this extra New Moon game just sitting around...
18. I also have an extra set of bed sheets. I don't think that'd make a good prize though. They are, after all, only 200 thread count.
19. Now that it's the coldest time of the year and I have Christmas money, all the stores have out their spring line. Tank tops, when it's 14 degrees outside. Yep, makes sense to me.
20. We really need to rethink our clothing sales.