Dude. I've practically forgotten how to blog. And sitting here in my new digs, things just feel all weirdy.
But here's what I've noticed here in the Coloradoes:
1. Making out with my dishwasher was fun the first time. Now it's just work. Kind of like marriage. Oh snap.
2. Just kidding, Hubs. Erm. Also, little dishwasher detergent cube thingies? Best invention ever.
3. Our laptop was stolen within the first like, 17 hours of being here. Everyone is a suspect. Even the old lady down the block.
4. There are people everywhere. Suddenly, being clothed is a necessity. Those aren't cows outside those windows.
5. The Pool: where I wish I had a Beach Towel Snuggie.
6. Our garage is reallllllly tiny. Like, I suspect by the end of the year I'm going to shear the side mirrors right off my car.
7. We have valet trash service. I know. Fancy. It's ok to be jealous.
8. We got innernets and cables today. I almost busted into tears and hugs for the Cable Man. But I was too busy calming down my kids because...
9. ...Hello, we live on the top floor. And apparently my kids only know how to jump, hop or leapfrog to and fro.
10. I bought all these great vegetables at the Farmer's Market. Now I just have to actually cook and eat them. Man, feeling accomplished sure does take a lot of effort.
11. Locker hooking. Not that kind of hooking. The arts and crafts kind of hooking. I'm doing it. My kitchen floor will thank me. Or, my kitchen floor will just be glad to have a buffer for spills and crumbs from the kids. Either way, I'm on it, kitchen floor.
12. I can throw a rock and hit a store. But I shan't throw rocks because it's just way too hot to do much more than turn pages in a book. Give me until around October.
13. We tried to feed the neighborhood rabbits some organic carrots. They were none too impressed. I'll bet if we threw them chunks of cake they'd be happy. I know I'd be happy if someone threw chunks of cake into my mouth. Caaaake.
14. Carpet under the dining room table. I know. I think the apartment owners are stupid too.
15. I priced a Dyson yesterday. I might be able to purchase one by the year 2015. *here's hoping*
16. We're going to have to buy like, 37 more bookshelves to house all our books.
17. We're going to have to buy like, 37 more pieces of cake.
18. I'm going to have to spend like, 37 more hours in the gym.
19. Dude. I have *got* to learn to write outside of a list format.
20. I found my camera and my Edward doll. He still has his scarf. Some of you are really happy and some of you are scratching your head. Just get ready.
Happy...um, what day is it anyways?
About That Mom Who Isn’t There
4 days ago