1. We put the comforter in our duvet. So, clearly we are ready for fall. Us + squishy duvet = like being in the womb again.
2. I've decided I'm tired of pumpkiny things. I know, that's practically blasphemous as I just said we are ready for fall. Me + pumpkiny things = overrated, like the Twilight books.
3. I'm almost done with the X Files. Mulder is gone now, idk where he went except I miss his nose and those steamy bedroom eyes he's always making at Scully. Mulder + Scully = should just get married already.
4. Quite frankly, I'm tired of watching the X Files, but I'm sticking with it because I will be disappointed with myself for giving up on the last season. Also, it's quite possible my life is utterly boring and meaningless when I'm not gainfully employed. Me + no job = Netflix watching blob snuggled under the duvet.
5. I've learned that my children are complete opposites whilst homeschooling. For instance, we wrote a letter to a pen pal recently and it went something like this:
Emma: How little can I write and it still be a letter? What if I just draw a really big picture of a key at the bottom?
Addie: Do you think these five pages are enough? Gosh, I should add another page, there's nineteen more questions I want to ask. Do you think this girl will be my best friend?
End scene. Emma + school work = meh. Addie + school work = asks for extra assignments.
6. Also, one day I had them write haikus. They thought it was the most pointless exercise in the world. Clearly they are not my children. Haikus + my kids = alien language. Kearsie + haikus = daily talk.
7. Today in school, we will watch the old cartoony version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Because I just read it aloud to them. And we're about to finish The Secret Garden, so we'll watch that, too. School + movies = awesomeness with a side of amazing.
8. I found all my Edward dolls yesterday. And inspiration struck, yet I just couldn't bring myself to bust out the camera and blog the inspiration. Inspiration + laziness = blog death.
9. I tried to help my nephew with Algebra II a week ago. Which pretty much meant I looked at his homework, let my eyes glaze over and then I pointed him toward youtube, where you can find anything. Kearsie + maths = it's not like riding a bike.
10. Man. This duvet is so comfy. It's really hard to bring myself to get out of bed. Duvet + comforter = bed glue.